On Warcraft Raid Content...

Posted by Kogai | Posted in | Posted on 9:00 PM

There's been a few explosions lately on the WoW front and it's not really all that surprising that it's happened. What might be a tad surprising is the rumor mill assuming that everything is over and the guild is dead. Which is pretty ludicrous. The guild is only dead if it's well and truly broken. However, it might be dead for myself and my gaming buddy if things don't get moving this week. We really just don't have the time to get entrenched in another casual raiding guild before the inevitable (ask him about that, it's not being brought up here). I go where he goes. And he needs somewhere to hang out as a regular non-raiding lowbie for about 8 months this spring/summer. Doesn't matter much to me if I'm raiding or not as long as things are slightly amusing. If anything I can always raise another or finish one of the 70+ toons.

Anyway, back to the action. Our GM, a nice fella, decided on pushing for 25-man raid content. The heroic version of Naxxramas, VoA, and OS with or without drakes alive. This is all wonderful if it can be pulled off. This doesn't help the many guildies who's gear isn't good enough to keep up in a heroic Naxx raid, much less heroic 25 man raids of any kind. I still don't have my body drop from regular 10-man Naxx. I know my gaming buddy isn't anywhere near heroic raid content ready, though he could be soon. The trouble erupts when guild people realize that pushing a non-ready guild into a 25-man raid instance leads to long waits, frustrations, heavy repair/item bills, and tensions with people outside the guild. And that, I think, is what has happened here. There's just not enough lower content to keep the casuals happy. The guild simply isn't that hardcore.

The easy fix? Hey, I wouldn't be me without putting in suggestions for improvement instead of just bitching about what's wrong. Criticism is fine as long as it's constructive, no? Here it is. Make 10-man raids during the week. Limit them in time frame. Make more than one team and adjust times for maximum exposure. Don't make them every day of the week. And for those that want 25-man content? Do them on the weekends when people can stay up later. Simple. The further people get in 10-man content the better they will be at 25-man content. Eventually one will replace the others as we get these areas on farm status. It's slow going, but every guild has to do it the same way.

And that's that. Blah, back to bed for me. Moo.

Comments Posted (0)