Childish...

Posted by Kogai | Posted in | Posted on 11:18 AM

So I was going through a painful day today, limping my way through the Dollar store and their unbelievably huge amounts of cheap crap in one giant store, picking up some of the necessary things without paying top dollar at wally world. It's a monthly thing. Dish soap, kitty litter, toilet paper, etcetera. All this stuff is cheaper here and makes the store a favorite for me without having to pay an arm and a leg.

While bargain hunting I stopped to take a look at a neato christmas toy in the 'out-of-date-christian-dvd-and-music-bargain-bin'. It was just a stupid thing. An $18 MP3 player grouped together with an eight piece off-brand bargain speaker set. I kid you not, they had this AAA battery run player attached to a set of speakers that little battery couldn't support for more than a couple of minutes. Ain't white trash great? Anyway, I was playing around looking at the MP3 player (cuz for it's size, cheap make, and capability the price was suprisingly right) when an old lady came up to me and told me that someone my age shouldn't be messing around with that kind of thing.

"My age?" I said, somewhat incredulously. Because someone my age is precisely who these items were packaged to interest.

Stodgy blue-hair sniffs and looks down her nose at....my stomach, I guess, she was kind of short. "What are you, Thirty? Thirty-Five? Grow up, young lady!"

To which I blinked furiously. "What? I'm forty-one! I'd have to grow DOWN!"

Blue-hair finally looks me in the eyes and wrinkles up her already fairly wrinkled forehead. "Liar." Then mumbles as she shuffles off to purchase her kleenex and detergent, "Kids today. Liars, all of them. Why, in my day..."

Am I childish? I'd have to give an automatic 'yes.' Thanks, blue-haired lady! Suddenly this sore leg doesn't seem quite so sore...

Comments Posted (0)