Another Reliable Site Goes Wonky...

Posted by Kogai | Posted in | Posted on 11:20 AM

One of the sites listed in my links used to be Atlas Shrugged. But because of her overall hatred of a certain ideology, I couldn't, in all conscience, link to her site any longer. She went from having a nice, refreshing enlightened snark against the powers of evil (more specifically, those wanting the destruction of Judaism and Israel for no other reason than to be dominating assholes) to actively reasoning the destruction and death of those on the other side of her arguments. Snark is fine. Wishing for the death of an entire group of people based on faith smacks of something much more evil. I love the woman for her points of view, but I honestly can't deal with someone gnashing teeth for genocide. It's like being a reverse nazi. And it was very sad to watch. Maybe one day Israel will finally rise up and nuke the living snot out of her enemies and that will be the end of it. You know? The tension is making wierdos of us all, maybe.

I've had a lot of time to think and reflect since then. And perhaps I've been too quick to judgment. Even though I disagree with some of the things that Atlas (Pamela Geller) posts, she doesn't seek out to destroy those who disagree ON HER WEBSITE. Can't say the same for the nameless hundreds of thousands of muslims out there, but for those on her website that raise a hand to disagree in small ways she's actually been pretty fair. At least lately. Could be she's mellowing out in some ways while hardening in others. I still don't agree with genocide on anybody's part, but it's the USA. She's entitled to her opinion. On the same note, I am entitled to disagree. And as far as I know, Pamela Geller has never denied my right to do so on her website.

On the other hand, Little Green Footballs, a site I have enjoyed reading for at least two years, has changed in a direction I'm not comfortable with. Bad sentence structure aside, it's creator has gone beyond disagreement to actively getting rid of those who don't agree with him. I think maybe that's obvious to all but himself and his circle of close friends. I've never posted there. I've had an account, but I've always been too shy to try and comment with all of his regulars fighting to jump up and agree the fastest. To me that was the most amusing part of the website. Now it's kind of tiring. And fairly nasty.

The owner of one of my favorite websites has decided that anybody that disagrees with his view is automatically on the wrong side and is promptly ejected. My thing is debate. I enjoy arguing points of view even if it means agreeing to disagree in the end. When there's no debate, there's no interest for me. And so Little Green Footballs is falling off of my regular daily rotation. Kind of like Spencer did late last year when he started preaching like his muslim cleric counterparts in the destruction of an entire culture. Absolutely disgusting. No debate, no fun.

Hey, if you can't have honest debate and dissent what's the point in blathering your opinion on news articles? So you can be like the MSM and tell us what we're supposed to think instead of giving the honest news based on it's own merit? Puh-leeze...

Two new links added. One is an old friend who likes to make jewelry. Beaupepys has some nice handmade jewelry on her blog. She's got a flare for fashion and I sincerely wish she lived closer. The next one is The Infinite Monkey (At The Keyboard). Once an LGF poster and reader, now moved into his own little place on the web. Nice guy. I hope his site takes off!

Comments Posted (1)

  1. Gracias for the shout-out.