Emergency of the Year...

Posted by Kogai | Posted in | Posted on 9:36 AM

Let's hope it's the only time, hmm? Yesterday was kind of crazy and all the plans I'd made came to a screeching halt. Sorry if anybody was counting on me for something, I sincerely have a good reason for not showing up. Honest, I do. Even got proof comin out my ears. Literally! :D

I got up at 8am because I was gonna do laundry at the laundromat (with a lot of fur covered blankets I can't wash at mom's place) while waiting for an apartment inspector that may or may not come over. Anyway, I hit the snooze bar a couple times, but eventually rubbed my eyes and sat up. And then it hits. I was so dizzy the entire room was spinning. So dizzy it felt like I'd been drinking schnapps and shitty wine all night. Two feet on the floor kind of dizzy. I thought, okay, I'll sit here for a few, maybe I got some water in my ear and it'll take a bit for it to pop out. Blew my nose, popped my ears, and...

It got worse. I was dizzy like a frat boy after pledge week. After an hour of sitting and lying down watching everything move it finally eased up a bit. But only if I kept my head from moving at all. The moment my head swivelled in any direction it started again full force. This is not good. Could be a stroke or something. So I called my Mother. We thought maybe it was dehydration, which could be it. So I drank a lot of water. Then a couple more hours passes and it's not gone so we switch to milk for some potassium. Another couple hours passes and my neck is growing sore to keep my head from moving about. We decide a doctor is probably better since my pupils are both the same size and it's not dehydration. My doctor couldn't see me. Therefore...

We went to the urgent care facility in the next city over. The emergency room was an option, but honestly the urgent care gets to you a whole lot faster. After failing to track the doctor's light pen and getting tubes stuck down my ears it was determined that I was having issues with Vertigo (duh). So I now have powerful antihistamines I am to take 4 times per day and this nose spray I use once per day. We shall see if it helps. The dizzy appears still whenever my head moves too quickly. No driving for a while. And gaming will have to stop if my eyes can't track movement on the screen, though that doesn't seem to be a problem yet.

My cane finally came in, too. It'll be delivered today since I can no longer pick it up. And they say there's no karma.

Comments Posted (0)