Resolution revolution...

Posted by Kogai | Posted in | Posted on 1:22 PM

Hokay, so it's 2009 *blow stupidly annoying horn* and time for another revolution around the sun. Aha, you thought I meant revolution as in rat-a-tat-tat and dissent revolution, didn't ya? Well, blow it out yer a$$. Not every post needs to be politically strange.

I find myself alone again on another first week of the year and realize this will probably be the same throughout the remainder. However, there are some differences that will be starting soon that I hope will improve things for 2010. For one, I'm starting a new course of physical therapy (on Monday) that should continue ad infinitum. That's right, I'm shelling out for someone to TEACH me how to do this crap instead of waiting around for a week or two of assisted therapy every now and then. With the changes coming to insurance coverages I don't see how they're going to pay for anything anymore. Thus I learn how to do it to myself. Some call this masochism. After trying some of it out I would have to agree.

With any luck and persistence hopefully I will be mobile and healthy enough to get out of town with my kitties. As in MOVE. Somewhere. Anywhere there's people would be a good thing. A coffee shop and a bookstore are definite pluses. Bars are not necessary, but another good addition. Friends closer is a definite plus. More mobility equals more ability to do the things I want to do instead of waiting around on someone who isn't coming to help me do things I have to do. That and I could use a good shag.

Another thing is to develop this Church of Cow idea and get the artistic twinge back on track. I've spent a couple of years sans artwork and it's about time I got off my butt and tried again. Luckily, my Mother is good to me on the holidays (aside from the doom and gloom statements every so often) and I now have an actual professional set of programs to create and publish my own artwork on the computer. My Wacom pad shaketh in anticipation. Assuming I can figure out the rationality of drawing on a monitor. It's tough, lemme tell you. I'm historically a pencil and paper kind of artist. Classically trained. It's not easy to charcoal out a beautiful set of pecs when there's no model. Maybe I can spend a few bucks and get a Blick mannequin to set on the desk? Another goal!

A fourth resolution is getting out more. The weather around these parts is never that horrible except in extreme winter and during the classic spring/fall thunderstorms. The only thing that holds me back for the most part is the fact that there's nowhere interesting to go. Some would say that the forests around here are perfect, but in reality they aren't. What city people see are trees that have been 'sanitized'. That is the ground litter is chopped up and taken away as mulch. In a real forest there are ticks and flies and impassable ground litter and invisible hills (because of the litter) and old barbed wire and etcetera. It's not safe to walk through a forest unless you have a known path to go by. And out here there aren't many outside deer paths that hunters typically will watch. NOT a good place for someone wearing brown to walk, if you understand my meaning.

And lastly, I need to take more time away from the computer. I really do. I spend an inordinate amount of time on this damnable idiot box. It's about time I found another hobby away from it and relaxed to some good tunes like I used to. I may implement the 2 day off of the internet per week rule I once had many years ago. It'll hurt at first, I'm sure. But damn...so much I'm missing.

And that's the wrap up for now. One political note? Israel is doing exactly what myself and many other clear thinkers thought it would. Ground troops are moving in. And it's BEFORE January 20th. I shudder to imagine what will happen after that date...

Comments Posted (0)